DARLINGTON, SC (WBTW) – A man who was wanted for criminal sexual conduct shot himself after deputies tried to arrest him, according to the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office.
Lt. Robby Kilgo said deputies tried to arrest the man, who was wanted for criminal sexual conduct with a minor out of Marion County, Friday morning at a home on Freeman Street.
Kilgo said while deputies were on scene, the man shot himself with a handgun out of the view of deputies. The man was taken to an area hospital by ambulance.
The DCSO is investigating.
Count on News13 for updates.
- The heat is on for the weekend
- ‘Disasters don’t discriminate’: Health officials push to protect communities of color from COVID-19
- State doctors warn cases among young people are soaring, local hospital weighs in
- Five Guys employees fired, suspended after refusing service to police officers
- Florida man hospitalized after iguana runs into bicycle causing crash