DARLINGTON, SC (WBTW) – A man who was wanted for criminal sexual conduct shot himself after deputies tried to arrest him, according to the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office.
Lt. Robby Kilgo said deputies tried to arrest the man, who was wanted for criminal sexual conduct with a minor out of Marion County, Friday morning at a home on Freeman Street.
Kilgo said while deputies were on scene, the man shot himself with a handgun out of the view of deputies. The man was taken to an area hospital by ambulance.
The DCSO is investigating.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Agencies say Super Bowl security is constantly evolving, improving to make event safer
- WATCH: Garth Brooks calls for unity in ‘Amazing Grace’ inauguration performance
- Why is Harris the 49th vice president when Biden is the 46th president?
- Florida lawmaker wants to rename highway ‘President Donald J. Trump Highway’
- In hidden message on White House website, Biden calls for coders