CLIO AREA, SC (WBTW) – One person is dead and another seriously hurt after a double shooting in the Clio area Sunday afternoon.
Lt. Murphy with the Marlboro County Sheriff’s Office confirms one person has been taken into custody in connection with this incident.
Deputies apprehended Clarence Kendall Cook Jr., 39, following an investigation. He is being held at the Marlboro County Detention Center.
Cook faces several charges, including murder, attempted murder, possession of a weapon during a violent crime and possession of a weapon by a violent felon.
The other victim of the shooting was airlifted to an area hospital where they remain in critical condition.
SLED assisted in processing the crime scene.
Cook is expected to be arraigned at the Marlboro County Magistrate Court Monday.
The sheriff’s office continues to investigate.
- Conservative talk radio host will be ‘most pro-vaccine person’ after COVID-19 battle, brother says
- Legal concerns rise as VA hospitals implement vaccination mandates
- No injuries reported after car crashes into building in Florence
- Biden mileage rule to exceed Obama climate goal
- Emotional officers recount trauma of U.S. Capitol riot