UPDATE: Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken has identified the victim of Saturday night’s shooting on Oakland Avenue in Florence.
Frederick Eugene Law, 49, of Florence was fatally shot, von Kutcken says.
An autopsy will be performed Monday at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.
Florence police continue to investigate the shooting.
Count on News13 for updates.
9:35 PM UPDATE: Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken tells News13 the victim of the shooting died after being taken to a nearby hospital.
FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – One person is hurt after a shooting Saturday in Florence.
Florence police responded to the 1100 block of Oakland Avenue around 6:05 Saturday evening, according to a press release.
That’s where officers found a victim with injuries. They were transported to an area hospital. No word on their condition.
The shooting is still under investigation.
Count on News13 as we learn more.
- Teacher raised $41,000 to help local families hurt by COVID-19. He now owes $16,000 in taxes.
- As tourist traffic heats up along 501, officials hope widening projects will loosen future congestion
- Employers worried state job search requirement isn’t enough to get people back to work
- Elephants kill suspected poacher at South African national park
- Florence County School District 3 returns to in-person classes every weekday