CHERAW, SC (WBTW) – Police said a man has been charged after a woman was attacked while jogging in South Carolina.
Eric Demond Davis, 32, of Cheraw, was arrested on November 14 by the Cheraw Police Department. He has been charged with assault and battery high and aggravated nature and kidnapping.
Davis was denied bond due “to the serious nature of this offense” and “being out on bond for an assault and battery first degree,” police said.
Officers responded to the intersection of Jersey Street and West Green Street in Cheraw around 6:35 a.m. on September 7 for a report of a 42-year-old woman having been attacked while jogging, according to the Cheraw Police Department.
The victim was taken to McLeod Health Cheraw Hospital, where she was treated for her injuries and later transferred to McLeod Regional Hospital for further treatment.
- Second stimulus checks: No $1,200 payments before Election Day, negotiations to continue
- CPL, Florence RedWolves release 2021 summer schedule
- Three arrested in Myrtle Beach kidnapping incident
- Body of missing 21-year-old found in Dillon County
- ‘We can disagree without hating each other’: Candidates for Utah governor appear in joint ad