FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WBTW) — The Florence County Sheriff’s Office says a woman has been apprehended after escaping police custody on Tuesday.
According to Chief Deputy Glen Kirby, with the Florence County Sheriff’s Office, the woman escaped Florence Police Department custody at the railroad crossing near East Effingham Highway.
Deputies searched the surrounding area with patrol vehicles and a helicopter. It is unclear how the woman escaped.
The FCSO identified the woman in a Facebook post as Trisita Lynn Lewellen, 27, and says she has been taken into custody.
The Florence Police Department says officers responded to the 500 block of Pamplico Highway around 10:12 a.m. Tuesday, where they found Lewellen and “discovered she had an outstanding warrant for Shoplifting with enhancement.” She was taken into custody to be transported to the Florence Co. Detention Center.
Around 11:15 a.m., Lewellen escaped from the transport vehicle near Effingham Hwy. and Trials End, Florence police say. Lewellen was taken into custody around 12:35 p.m. and “was searched and was found to be in possession of a small quantity of suspected cocaine.” She has been charged with escape and possession of cocaine.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Myrtle Beach police release safety plan for Ocean Blvd
- North Carolina infant stabbed in head with screwdriver during fight between parents
- Chicago mayor says ‘F you’ to Trump over tweet encouraging shooting George Floyd protesters
- Lawmaker on Trump deeming churches essential: ‘It’s not safe to be in groups of that size’
- Q&A: Hear from candidates for next sheriff of Florence County