UPDATE – 7:30 P.M.: The suspect in the hostage situation is a male, according to Captain Cliff Arnette with the Dillon County Sheriff’s Office. Also, Capt. Arnette tells News13 that no members of SLED or the Sheriff’s Office were injured in the incident. We are still working to learn about any potential injuries to others involved.
UPDATE – 4:47 P.M.: The hostage situation has been “diffused/completed,” according to Capt. Cliff Arnette with the Dillon County Sheriff’s Office. No “serious injuries” happened during the incident, Arnette said. The sheriff’s office could not confirm whether any arrests were made at this time.
LAKE VIEW, SC (WBTW) – Law enforcement agencies are responding to a hostage situation in Dillon County.
Deputies with the Dillon County Sheriff’s Office and investigators with the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) are at the scene of the hostage situation on Joann Branch Road in Lake View, according to DCSO Captain Cliff Arnette.
The sheriff’s office was called out around 6 a.m. and are still on scene. The suspect is still in the house with several hostages. SLED confirms there are children inside the home.
Members of the public are asked to avoid the area.
This is a developing story. Count on News13 for updates.
- CCU drops Sun Belt conference home opener to Georgia Southern, 8-2
- Missing: endangered couple’s pickup last seen in Lake City
- Retired Ohio sheriff and tiny K-9 partner die the same day
- Florence County plans to combat trash troubles with inmate litter crews
- Police: Man wanted out of Michigan attacked woman in Myrtle Beach with a knife