FLORENCE COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — Investigators with the Florence County Sherrif’s Office have arrested a suspect in the early morning homicide on Cale Yarborough Highway.
Aundray Sumter, 41, of Timmonsville, has been charged with one count of murder and one count of possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime, according to officials.
According to Investigators, Sumter shot the victim at a residence on the 1000 block of Cale Yarborough Highway following a verbal altercation.
Sumter was taken into custody with the assistance of the U.S. Marshals Service Carolinas Regional Fugitive Task Force.
He is being held at the Florence County Detention Center while awaiting a bond hearing before a circuit court judge.
- Report: Greg Olsen to join Thomas Davis in ‘dual retirement ceremony’
- ‘It’s not fair’: Rioter who put his feet up in Pelosi’s office complains to judge
- Former Florence 5 school board chair charged with 6 counts of criminal sexual abuse with a child; teacher also charged in case
- Cookout extends their sponsorship with Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway
- A warm and sunny Thursday afternoon