TIMMONSVILLE, SC AREA (WBTW) – A Timmonsville man has been arrested after investigators found several reportedly stolen items in a wooded area.
Joey Alan Norris, Jr., 35, of Timmonsville, was arrested Friday “for a string of thefts that spanned several counties,” the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office said.
Investigators allege that Norris “knowingly possessed stolen property” from Marion, Florence, and Sumter counties.
Investigators found numerous items in a wooded area off of Oates Highway near Weaver Street. These items included:
- an enclosed trailer
- a motorcycle
- a 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche
- a camper
- a shotgun and rifle
- Honda four-wheeler
Norris has been charged with:
- two counts of receiving stolen goods value $10,000 or more
- two counts of possession of a stolen vehicle value more than $2,000 but less than $10,000
- two counts of receiving stolen goods value more than $2,000 but less than $10,000
Norris is in the W. Glenn Campbell Detention Center pending an $81,000 bond.
- Thousands of SC students to get free food help
- The University of South Carolina says SAT, ACT optional for 2021
- Rest In Power Rally for Elijah Weatherspoon set to happen in downtown Charleston today
- President Trump criticizes privately built border wall in Texas
- Conway Medical Center temporarily halts elective surgeries