TIMMONSVILLE, SC AREA (WBTW) – A Timmonsville man has been arrested after investigators found several reportedly stolen items in a wooded area.
Joey Alan Norris, Jr., 35, of Timmonsville, was arrested Friday “for a string of thefts that spanned several counties,” the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office said.
Investigators allege that Norris “knowingly possessed stolen property” from Marion, Florence, and Sumter counties.
Investigators found numerous items in a wooded area off of Oates Highway near Weaver Street. These items included:
- an enclosed trailer
- a motorcycle
- a 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche
- a camper
- a shotgun and rifle
- Honda four-wheeler
Norris has been charged with:
- two counts of receiving stolen goods value $10,000 or more
- two counts of possession of a stolen vehicle value more than $2,000 but less than $10,000
- two counts of receiving stolen goods value more than $2,000 but less than $10,000
Norris is in the W. Glenn Campbell Detention Center pending an $81,000 bond.
- Chicago bar installs over 70 Big Mouth Billy Bass to sing popular songs in unison
- Trump pushing for more transparency in health care costs
- 16-year-old shooter in CA school shooting dies from self-inflicted wound: sheriff
- Police use developing technology to identify Potomac River Rapist
- Community expo brings resource awareness to 34,000 Grand Strand veterans