TIMMONSVILLE, SC (WBTW) – One person is dead and another is in the hospital after a shooting late Friday night.
Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken identified the victim as 28-year-old Tirrell Williams, of Timmonsville. Williams was pronounced dead at the scene.
The body will be autopsied at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.
The gunfire broke out on Colonial Drive in Timmonsville, according to Chief Billy Brown. Police responded at around 11:30 p.m.
They arrived to find a large crime scene and had to call in the Florence County Sheriff’s Office for help.
No arrests have been made in connection with this incident.
The victim who is in the hospital is expected to be okay.
The Florence County Sheriff’s Office has taken over the investigation. Count on News13 for updates as we learn more.
- Drivers asked to avoid Hwy 9 in Longs after multi-vehicle crash
- Holiday traditions underway in DC today: White House Christmas Tree, presidential turkeys
- NC driver dies in I-85 crash after being ejected from car, hit by tractor-trailer
- Multimillion-dollar amusement park breaks ground in Myrtle Beach, expected to bring 70 to 100 jobs
- Second stimulus checks: Biden, Democrats push GOP for more virus relief