TIMMONSVILLE, S.C. (WBTW) — Police arrested a Timmonsville woman Friday who is accused of lying about an attempted child abduction Oct. 9, according to Timmonsville Police Chief Billy Brown.
Adonica Peterson, 26, was charged with filing a false police report of a felony violation. She allegedly told police last week that a group of people tried to abduct three children at the Hot Spot convenience store.
Peterson is held in the Florence County Detention Center. No bond is listed in booking records.
- Police: Woman charged with murdering husband after deadly Florence shooting
- Sun Belt, CCU announce changes to the men’s basketball schedule
- Sun Belt, CCU announce changes to the women’s basketball schedule
- Mail truck flattened by falling tree in North Carolina
- NASA to launch new satellite to improve hurricane forecasting