GAFFNEY, S.C. (WSPA) – A 3-month-old baby is in critical condition after allegedly being punched in the head multiple times by a man in a Gaffney home.
According to Gaffney police, Justin Keith Crowe was watching the baby Thursday while it’s mother and grandmother went to the grocery store.
Police said Crowe called them because the baby would not stop crying.
When they returned to the home, the baby was unresponsive, police said.
They took the baby to the ER, where it was airlifted to Greenville Children’s Hospital. The baby’s condition is listed as critical, according to police.
Police officers spoke with the mother and grandmother at the hospital.
Crowe was then taken to the police station, where he confessed to hitting the baby several times in the head with a closed fist.
Crowe has been charged with felony infecting great injury on the child.
He was booked into the Cherokee County jail and has a $50,000 surety bond.
- P.F Chang’s files layoff warnings for SC locations, including Myrtle Beach
- Authorities arrest wanted man who fled on foot near Galivants Ferry
- NC woman accused of false imprisonment after neighbor’s child found in her apartment
- Titans suspend team activities after multiple players, staffers test positive for COVID-19
- Meghan McCain gives birth to first child, gives her patriotic name