JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (WTAJ/WBTW) — Charges have been filed against a Johnstown, Pennsylvania man for allegedly abusing a 7-month-old child.
Johnstown police say David Jones, 21, hit the child and dumped hot sauce in it’s mouth.
Jones allegedly sat on the child and pushed down on her with a bassinet frame, according to police.
Police say the mother tried to stop Jones, but he grabbed her by the neck, choked her, and threw her against the wall.
The woman fled to a neighbor’s house to call 911. The baby was taken to Conemaugh Memorial for evaluation.
Jones is facing charges of aggravated assault on persons under 6, strangulation, simple assault, and harassment.
- HCFR: Serious injuries after vehicle crashes into tree in Loris
- Hundreds of thousands still without power in Sally cleanup
- Police: 2 dead, 14 wounded at party in Rochester, New York
- Expert provides tips on how to avoid digital eye strain while working and learning from home
- 59-year-old basic training grad set to join son’s Army unit