11:20 a.m. Update — The suspect has been identified as Mark Louis Cote, 70, of Lexington County, according to the report.
The suspect has no physical injuries but was taken to a local hospital for precautionary measures, the report says.
This is an ongoing investigation being performed by SLED.
LEXINGTON, S.C. (AP) — Officials say a South Carolina deputy was shot while responding to a domestic call between a husband and wife Saturday.
The Lexington County Sheriff’s Department says the husband barricaded himself inside the home and was taken into custody early Sunday.
The wounded deputy was treated at a hospital for a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to the upper body and has returned home.
The sheriff’s department did not identify the suspected shooter.
A spokesperson says the wife involved in the domestic complaint is safe after she went to a neighbor’s home and called 911.
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station
- State senators review Gov. McMaster’s emergency orders after backlash to COVID-19 response
- The warm up continues as rain chances increase
- Firefighter cancer bill heads to Governor’s desk; Pee Dee Firefighter reaction
- ‘He’ll help basically anybody’: Friend remembers 19-year-old Conway man shot and killed