ROWLAND, NC (WBTW) – A suspect is in custody following a standoff with a Robeson County Sheriff’s Office deputy early Monday morning.
According to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office, a deputy was dispatched to 270 Raemon Road in the Rowland area at around 1:08 a.m. for a disturbance call. As the deputy approached the residence, several shots were fired in his direction.
After a brief standoff, Lacoski Locklear was taken into custody.
Locklear is charged with assault with a deadly weapon on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest.
At last check, Locklear was in custody at the Robeson County Detention Center on a $125,000 bond.
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Pee Dee high school hosts first in-person SC graduation since the pandemic
- Scattered thunderstorms continue Friday
- Myrtle Beach firefighters adapt to reopening during coronavirus pandemic
- Body found off St. Helena Island identified as missing Alabama man