ROWLAND, NC (WBTW) – A suspect is in custody following a standoff with a Robeson County Sheriff’s Office deputy early Monday morning.
According to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office, a deputy was dispatched to 270 Raemon Road in the Rowland area at around 1:08 a.m. for a disturbance call. As the deputy approached the residence, several shots were fired in his direction.
After a brief standoff, Lacoski Locklear was taken into custody.
Locklear is charged with assault with a deadly weapon on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest.
At last check, Locklear was in custody at the Robeson County Detention Center on a $125,000 bond.
- Biden to GOP senators: Don’t jam through Ginsburg nominee
- Ginsburg’s impact on women spanned age groups, backgrounds
- Sunshine to start off the week
- A cool and sunny start to the week
- NCDOT closes portions of HWY NC-12 following recent ocean overwash