LAURINBURG, NC (WBTW) – Police in Laurinburg are investigating after they say two were seriously hurt in a shooting Sunday.
The incident happened around 5:30 p.m. around U.S. 401 and West Boulevard. That’s where a silver Dodge Charger pulled up alongside a gold Nissan Rogue at a stop light, a press release from the Laurinburg Police Department said.
Authorities say ‘words were exchanged’ between the occupants of both vehicles, when someone in the Dodge began firing at the occupants of the Nissan. The Dodge later fled the scene, according to Laurinburg PD.
Both occupants of the Nissan, an 18-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man, were airlifted to a medical facility with gunshot wounds. Police say they are in serious condition.
The investigation is ongoing. Count on News13 for updates.
- Second stimulus checks: New bipartisan effort to pass COVID relief
- Traffic blocked after crash on Robert Grissom Pkwy in Myrtle Beach
- Coroner IDs juvenile fatally shot on Thanksgiving as SC high school football player
- List: Cyber Monday 2020 gift card freebies
- Georgia official announces investigations, defends election