ATHENS, Ga. (WFLA) — A Chick-Fil-A in Athens, Georgia makes headlines every holiday season with a restaurant looking like it was lit by Clark Griswold.
The Chick-Fil-A, located at 3637 Atlanta Highway, is well-known for its all-out Christmas display. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, the restaurant is still operating this year on a drive-thru and carry-out only basis.
If you’d like to eat on-site, there are socially-distanced family circles on the lawn, or you can sit in your car at one of the 20 mobile curbside spots.
The light show is part of the restaurant’s “#LightOfAthens” initiative.
Alex Clark said he created #LightsOfAthens “to spread hope and create family traditions.” They hung up nearly half a million lights this year.
The video above showcasing this year’s lights was shared by Ron Casper on Facebook. The post has over 31,000 shares on the site.
Casper, a Chick-Fil-A customer, said he “never thought [the video] would be this popular.”
- Lake City High School cancels winter sports seasons
- DHEC announces 1,845 new COVID-19 cases; number low due to system issue
- Gov. McMaster asks hospitals to reduce elective surgeries to speed up vaccine process
- Jared Goff to start for Rams in Green Bay; Wolford inactive
- Florence man charged with attempted murder after stabbing