(WFLA/CNN Newsource) – After much back and forth, it now seems that Kanye West is still running for president.
Oklahoma officials have confirmed the rapper will be on the state’s general election ballot in November.
USA Today reports a group called “Kanye 2020” filed the necessary paperwork for his candidacy.
West tweeted on the Fourth of July that he was throwing his hat in the ring for the 2020 race, even though he had already missed deadlines in multiple states to get on the ballot.
Just a few days later, West told Forbes magazine that he was running under a new party, the Birthday Party.
Earlier this week, the rapper’s adviser told New York Magazine’s “Intelligencer,” West was out of the race.
West has not tweeted or made any comments about the progress of his campaign.
- ‘The life that he lived gives me strength’: Ra’Shaud Graham’s family starts scholarship fund in Lake City
- Living Local Carolina: Host Rainee Romero Gets Lash Extensions From Lash & Wax Spa, A Touch Of Brazil
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s family friend reflects on her life, legacy
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- Myrtle Beach attractions adapt to pandemic, begin to reopen and make changes