(CNN NEWSOURCE) — The unofficial holiday falls in the middle of a whole month dedicated to the sweet treat.
Its origins are believed to have taken place thousands of years ago when persians put now in a bowl with juice.
Later, the Chinese started freezing dairy with salt and ice in 697 A-D.
And, Antonio Latini is credited with crafting a more modern version of ice cream.
He created a milk-based sorbet in Naples, Italy in 1642.
- SCISA high school football – week 4 scores & highlights
- Big cool down for the weekend
- $13B aid package to help Puerto Rico 3 years after Hurricane Maria took too long, Democrats say
- Trump says ‘every American’ should have coronavirus vaccine by April 2021
- NC car dealer accused of molesting minor at Darlington Raceway in 2016 pleads guilty to lesser charge