ESQUIRE, RUSSIA – If someone says they’d like to have a word with you, make sure it’s not this one!
It’s the longest word in English and if you want to hear it, click on the viral video found on YouTube of a guy pronouncing the word. A word of warning… the “word” takes about 3.5 hours to say.
The word is 189,819 letters long. It’s actually the name of a giant protein called Titin. Proteins are usually named by mashing-up the names of the chemicals making them. And since Titin is the largest protein ever discovered, its name had to be equally as large.
- Living Local Carolina: Local And Family-Owned, Leverage Roofing Goes Above And Beyond For Its Customers
- Mixing vaccine brands should be safe, former COVID testing chief says
- Hundreds of bodies discovered under Rhode Island highway during search for gravesite
- Daily number of new COVID-19 cases dips below 500
- Newsfeed Now: Gabby Petito’s family wants ‘vengeance’ for her death; Angler catches rare catfish, releases it back into river