2 P.M. UPDATE — The South Carolina Highway Patrol has released additional details about the deadly wreck Saturday morning on Highway 17 in Pawleys Island.
The wreck involved a 2009 Yamaha Motorcycle and a 2020 BMW, according to Corporal Sonny Collins with the SCHP. It happened around 10:20 a.m.
Troopers say the BMW was taking a left from Pawleys Plantation when the two vehicles collided. The motorcycle was heading north on Highway 17.
The motorcycle rider was wearing a helmet but was killed, Collins said. The driver of the BMW was not hurt.
Authorities have not yet released the name of the person killed. SCHP is still investigating the wreck. Count on News13 for updates.
GEORGETOWN COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – There has been a deadly wreck in Georgetown County Saturday morning, according to SC troopers.
The wreck happened along Highway 17, according to the South Carolina Highway Patrol’s online traffic system. Troopers got the call around 10:23 a.m.
SCHP has not provided a more specific location. News13 is working to learn more. Count on us for updates.
- National security leaders say China is trying to hack U.S. healthcare companies to find COVID-19 vaccine
- Thomas keeps clean card for 2-shot lead at Muirfield Village
- UPDATE: Horry County Police say missing woman has been found safe
- Heinz kit turns ketchup, mayo into frozen treats
- Notre Dame Cathedral to be rebuilt without modern touches