GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) – Georgetown police are investigating after a robbery and home invasion sent one person to the hospital.
Police were called to the 1800 block of Bourne Street on Tuesday afternoon “in reference to a home invasion and robbery,” Georgetown police said in a Facebook post. The victim was assaulted and taken to Georgetown Memorial Hospital.
The extent of the person’s injuries is unknown as this time.
Investigators were on scene processing evidence as of the department’s Facebook post around 9 p.m. Tuesday.
The SC Law Enforcement Division’s (SLED) crime lab has been called in to assist in processing the scene, police also said.
A police report from Georgetown police says the victim is a man in his 30s.
Anyone who has information about the incident is asked to call Georgetown police at 843-545-4300 or the tip line at 843-545-4400.
This is a developing story. Count on News13 for updates as we work to gather more information.
- RI State Police, National Guard set up checkpoint to stop, log travelers from NY
- Stimulus Check Calculator: How much money will you get?
- COVID-19 case count at 935 in North Carolina, state reports
- FDA clears test to detect coronavirus in 5 minutes
- Police: Two hurt in Bennettsville drive-by shooting