UPDATE: The body found Saturday near East Bay Park is that of 84-year-old Jimmy McCants, according to Georgetown County Coroner Kenny Johnson.
He was reported missing March 9 and is the former chairperson for the Pawleys Island Planning Commission.
A press release from the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office says the body was discovered around 2:43 p.m. Saturday. Coroner Kenny Johnson is assisting the sheriff’s office with the investigation.
An autopsy has been scheduled for Monday at Grand Strand Medical Center, where a cause of death should be determined.
Count on News13 for updates.
GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) – A man’s body has been found on the northern shore of East Bay Park peninsula, according to authorities.
A press release from the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office says it is following protocol in the removal. Georgetown County Coroner Kenny Johnson has been notified.
The release also said that multiple agencies have been searching for 84-year-old Jimmy McCants since Monday, March 9. His vehicle was left beside US 17 between the bridges north of Georgetown, not far from East Bay Park.
Count on News13 as we learn more about this case.
- Public ice skating to be available at Florence Center in December
- Gov. McMaster urges Dominion to withdraw rate increase request for South Carolina customers
- How your state cooks Thanksgiving turkey: roast, deep-fry, smoke
- Police: Florida firefighter assaults woman after argument over politics, points gun at officer
- Man arrested in NC courthouse shooting faces more than 166 years in prison