MURRELLS INLET, S.C. (WBTW) — Deputies arrested a man who is accused of raping a Murrells Inlet woman while holding a knife to her stomach, according to arrest warrants obtained by News13.
Dennis Montrele Smalls, 35, of Murrells Inlet, is accused of using a knife to force a woman into the back seat of her car against her will and raping her at about 4 a.m. on Nov. 6, according to arrest warrants.
Smalls was arrested Monday and charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct, kidnapping, possession of a weapon during a violent crime, and obstructing justice.
He’s held in the Georgetown County Detention Center. No bond is listed on booking records as of Monday evening.
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Gov. Cooper increases NC National Guard troops to 300 for inauguration at US Capitol
- Lake City High School cancels winter sports seasons
- DHEC announces 1,845 new COVID-19 cases; number low due to system issue
- Gov. McMaster asks hospitals to reduce elective surgeries to speed up vaccine process