RICHLAND COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — The South Carolina Air National Guard’s (SCANG) 169th Fighter Wing will salute medical professionals and first responders during a “round-the-state” flyover Monday.
F-16 fighter jets will fly over several hospitals throughout the state in conjunction with training, SCANG said. The exact locations will be released over the weekend.
“This is our way of saying ‘thank you’ to the South Carolina heroes who are working on the front lines around the clock taking care of us during the COVID-19 pandemic,” Commander of the 169th Fighter Wing, Col. Akshai Gandhi said. “Look up on Monday morning and know your South Carolina Air National Guard is proud to serve with you. Our intent is to boost morale in our Great State.”
SCANG encourages anyone who gets photos or videos of the F-16s to post them on social media using the hashtags #AirForceSalutes and #AFFlyover.
- The warm up continues as rain chances increase
- Firefighter cancer bill heads to Governor’s desk; Pee Dee Firefighter reaction
- ‘He’ll help basically anybody’: Friend remembers 19-year-old Conway man shot and killed
- Trump announces ‘Born Alive’ executive order
- Both Republican members of NC State Board of Elections resign