ROBESON COUNTY, NC (WBTW) – Robeson County is reporting four new coronavirus cases, bringing the county’s total to 15 cases.
Emily Jones, spokesperson for the county, announced the new cases Thursday, saying the case were:
- 76-year-old woman who remains hospitalized
- 51-year-old man who came through an emergency department visit and is recovering at home
- 53-year-old woman who came through an emergency department visit and is recovering at home
- 39-year-old woman who came through an emergency department visit and is recovering at home
“Contact tracing is in the process of being done by Health Department staff and as some of these were active, it may be fairly extensive,” Jones also said.
The county’s 11th case was reported in a woman in her 40s who, as of Monday afternoon, remained hospitalized locally where she was tested.
The county’s 10th case was reported in a man in his 70s who, as of Monday afternoon, remained hospitalized locally where he was tested.
Jones previously said no history for the county’s 10th and 11th cases was made available and the county health department would follow up once more information was provided.
The 9th case in the county was reported in a person in the 50-64 year old age range, who had travel history “which may have resulted in the exposure.” This person tested positive for the virus while at a local hospital and remains hospitalized as of Monday.
The county’s 8th case was in a person over the age of 60 who tested positive “while at an out of county hospital,” Jones previously said. “The Health Department has not received any pertinent information from the facility.”
The county’s 7th case was in person who tested positive in a neighboring state, Jones said on April 8. “The individual acquired the virus from a coworker at the worksite in the neighboring state. The person is in the age group that has tested positive the most nationally: 18 to 49 years old. The person has not been hospitalized and remains at the residence within the county.”
The county’s 6th case was reported on April 7 in a person who “has no travel history and is midlife in age,” according to Jones. “Testing was done through a local hospital while the person was a patient” and “employment and social contacts are not available at this point, thus further followup is required.”
On April 4, the Robeson County Health Department confirmed the county’s 5th case in an older person with travel history. This person was still hospitalized at the time the case was announced.
Also on April 4, Jones confirmed the county’s 4th case in “an elderly resident with no travel history,” who tested positive for the virus “while being briefly hospitalized locally.”
Jones confirmed the county’s 3rd case on March 31 in an older person who had visited family members in New Jersey beginning in February. At the time this case was announced, this person was hospitalized in NJ and his case has not been linked to the community,
On March 24, the county’s second case was reported in a person who “was a close contact of the first case,” the Robeson Co. Health Dept. said. This person was tested at a local health clinic and at the time of the announcement, remained at home under isolation orders.
The county’s first case was reported on March 21 in a person who developed symptoms on March 12 after traveling to Washington D.C. This person was tested at a local health clinic and at the time was following isolation orders at home.
Count on News13 for updates.