LUMBERTON, NC (WBTW) – The City of Lumberton has closed all city offices to walk-in customers because of the coronavirus outbreak, according to Robeson County Administration/Government’s Facebook page.
The closure started Wednesday and will be in effect until further notice.
For public services departments:
- All customers transactions will be handled through a drive-up window/drop box located at 500 N. Cedar Street. This includes utility payments, tax payments, service connections, disconnects, extensions, etc.
- Staff will be present to answer phone calls on weekdays from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Call 910-671-3800 or 910-671-3827 and an operator will direct your call.
- For utility emergencies after regular operating hours or on the weekend, contact the communications department at 910-671-3888.
For inspections and planning departments:
- Permit applications are available online at www.lumbertonnc.gov. Visit the city’s webstie for more information about submitting forms.
The city also says indoor recreation facilities will be closed to public access until further notice, including: Bill Sapp Center, Senior Center, Parkview Activity Center, East and South Resource Center.
All ongoing recreation programs including athletic games, practices, exercise classes, senior adult programs and planned special events are postponed until further notice. All rentals have been cancelled through April. Parks and greenways will stay open, but restroom will be closed to public access.
- Floodwaters from Hurricane Isaias carry Jeep blocks away on Oak Island
- Florence man faces 20 charges of child porn, up to 200 years in prison
- SEC announces new fall preseason practice schedule
- NC Gov. Cooper, emergency management officials giving update on Isaias
- DHEC: 52 additional confirmed deaths in South Carolina reported today