CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Coastal Carolina University has suspended organized athletic team events as concerns mount over the COVID-19 outbreak.
The suspension is effective immediately and includes all practices, workouts and training room usage, according to a release posted Saturday afternoon. The announcement was made by Director of Athletics Matt Hogue in agreement with University President David A. DeCenzo.
The decision aligned with guidance from Coastal Carolina’s NCAA Medical Director and Coastal Carolina’s administration.
“I join our staff, student-athletes, and all of Teal nation in the disappointment and frustration that this crisis has created, but our focus has and remains on the health and well-being of our campus,” Hogue said in a statement.
For a full list of cancellations and changes due to the outbreak, click here.
- 3 injured after attempted armed robbery, shooting in Florence; 5 suspects wanted
- Coastal football preparing for Sun Belt foe Georgia Southern on Saturday
- ‘They were two special people’: Conway police chief discusses challenging double murder investigation of mother, 3-year-old
- Man splits $5M jackpot … with himself after accidentally buying 2 tickets
- President Trump announces support for Lumbee Tribe federal recognition