TAMPA, Fl. (WFLA) — Five University of Tampa students are recovering after testing positive for COVID-19 during spring break, the school said.
The university said the students were traveling together and with other UT students during spring break before testing positive. The school didn’t say where they went during their break or if they lived on or off campus.
The school did send its well wishes.
“We sincerely wish our students, and any others who may be affected, a full and rapid recovery,” UT posted on Twitter Saturday night.
The university switched to online classes only on March 17.
- Tips to sanitize your groceries to prevent the spread of Coronavirus
- Clemson’s Aamir Simms takes a chance on NBA Draft, still eligible to return
- Horry County leads SC in unemployment claims as state is inundated with phone calls
- When will I get my stimulus check? Payments expected to start next week
- Buoys on the Boulevard feeds nurses around the Grand Strand