Confirmed coronavirus infections have surpassed the 10 million mark worldwide.
A tally compiled by Johns Hopkins University registered the grim milestone Sunday, after India and Russia added thousands of new cases. The United States has confirmed more than 2.5 million infections, the most in the world.
Globally, the Hopkins tally has reported nearly 500,000 deaths.
While Hopkins reports only confirmed coronavirus cases, experts believe the true number of people who have been infected could be as much as 10 times that figure, given that so many people can’t get tested or may have the virus without showing any symptoms.
- Morikawa builds big lead at Muirfield Village before storms
- Deputies: Lumberton residents charged for illegal gambling machines
- New Lay’s flavored after beloved dishes at iconic American restaurants
- Myrtle Beach hotels restructure operations, adopt new cleaning procedures amid COVID-19
- Amazon says email to employees banning TikTok was a mistake