MARLBORO COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – Marlboro County leaders say there is not a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the county, despite DHEC’s announcement Saturday saying the contrary.
In its daily press release Saturday, the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control listed one new case of COVID-19 in Marlboro County among its statewide tally.
The county’s government wrote Sunday online that there is not a case there, and that the state health department “mistakenly identified a positive test result as a Marlboro County resident.”
DHEC alerted the county to the mistake Sunday, according to county officials.
News13 has reached out to SCDHEC for further clarification. Count on us for updates.
- More “non-essential” businesses close
- Allstate Insurance giving partial refunds of premiums for April and May
- Conway city leaders take precautions in the fight against the coronavirus
- SC DEW says quarantine does not qualify for unemployment
- Survey: People working from home are neglecting personal hygiene