COLUMBIA, S.C. — Today, the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) announced 603 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus COVID-19, 10 additional confirmed deaths.
This brings the total number of confirmed cases to 122,944, confirmed deaths to 2,748, according to SCDHEC.
As of yesterday, a total of 1,066,496 tests have been conducted in the state. See a detailed breakdown of tests in South Carolina on the Data and Projections webpage.
DHEC’s Public Health Laboratory is operating extended hours and is testing specimens seven days a week, and the Public Health Laboratory’s current timeframe for providing results to health care providers is 24-48 hours.
The total number of individual test results reported to DHEC yesterday statewide was 4,774 (not including antibody tests) and the percent positive was 12.6%.
- SCHP: One person dead after fatal crash in Florence Friday
- DHEC announces 569 new cases; 3 deaths
- Court nixes SC witness requirement on absentee ballots
- Windsor Green apartment fire victim died Saturday
- Midway Fire Rescue search for missing boaters in Georgetown County