MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) — The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control reported 2,644 new COVID-19 cases on Monday, a number, the agency said, that’s low due to an internal systems issue.
The agency also reported an additional 14 new, confirmed deaths and one probable death due to COVID-19. Out of 10,198 new test results reported to the state, 25.9% were positive for the virus.
Monday’s update brings the state to a total of 326,588 confirmed cases, 31,066 probable cases, 5,315 confirmed deaths and 496 probable deaths.
Here are the new, positive case numbers for the surrounding counties:
Darlington – 70 confirmed, three probable
Dillon – 33 confirmed
Florence – 109 confirmed, one probable
Horry – 237 confirmed
Marion – 39 confirmed
Marlboro – 15 confirmed
- Biden inauguration: Trump arrives home in Florida, presidency ends
- Conway man arrested in Friday armed robbery
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author
- ‘My great friend impacted my life by the life he lived,’ community pays tribute ahead of HCPD Officer Melton Gore’s funeral
- 3 title game quarterbacks have similar draft history