ORLANDO, Fla. (WJW) — Disney is closing its theme parks through the remainder of the month in wake of the coronavirus outbreak.
According to the park, Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Paris Resort will be closed beginning Sunday at the close of business.
Disney Cruise Line is also suspending all new departures for the rest of the month beginning Saturday.
The hotels at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris will remain open until further notice, as will the retail and dining complexes at both resorts.
Disney says they will remain in close contact with officials and health experts as they continue to monitor this situation.
The closure of Disneyland follows the company shuttering some of its parks overseas because of the virus. Disney’s theme parks in Shanghai and Hong Kong, for example, were closed earlier this year due to the outbreak.
Disney closing Disneyland is no small act.
In fact, the park has only closed a few times since its opening in 1955.
- Floodwaters from Hurricane Isaias carry Jeep blocks away on Oak Island
- Florence man faces 20 charges of child porn, up to 200 years in prison
- SEC announces new fall preseason practice schedule
- WATCH LIVE: NC Gov. Cooper, emergency management officials giving update on Isaias
- DHEC: 52 additional confirmed deaths in South Carolina reported today