COLUMBIA, S.C. (WBTW) – Public health officials, alongside Gov. Henry McMaster, announced on Monday a seventh person in South Carolina has presumptively tested positive for coronavirus.
This person is older and from Camden, said epidemiologist Dr. Linda Bell, as are three others. He is in self-isolation at his home and had some contact with a person who previously test positive, Bell said.
Health officials also confirmed on Monday two of the presumptive positive cases have been confirmed by the CDC, the one in Charleston and one from Camden.
Based on the latest records, South Carolina currently has:
- Five presumptive positive cases, meaning “samples from these individuals tested positive for COVID-19 at the Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) Public Health Laboratory, however, these results are required to be confirmed by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). “
- Two confirmed cases, meaning the samples taken from DHEC have been confirmed by the CDC.
- The ability to test at least 1,000 people.
- After worst travel year on record, national hotel group warns of slow recovery due to COVID-19
- Pee Dee pharmacies waiting on vaccine doses
- Woman accused of killing husband in Florence released from jail on bond
- Chase for the Championship | Virginia sends strong message to ACC
- Florence police search for missing man last heard from a month ago