CONWAY, S.C. (WBTW) — Horry-Georgetown Technical College (HGTC) donated all unused food items on the Conway and Grand Strand campuses in response to Patricia Grand Hotel’s efforts to collect food for families in need in Horry County.
Items donated include bread, meat, chips, and drinks, HGTC said. The food will be delivered to those who need it.
“As we are all facing this crisis, HGTC is committed to helping as many as possible get through this difficult time,” HGTC president, Dr. Marilyn M. Fore said. “I want our community to know that we have been here to serve you and we will continue to serve you.”
All in-person classes were cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- 20,000 American flags placed near White House to remember lives lost to coronavirus
- Suspect wanted for May shooting in Florence arrested without incident
- Dog trapped in 30-foot hole lured to safety with beef jerky
- Myrtle Beach police conduct death investigation near Market Common
- White House press secretary holds briefing