WASHINGTON (AP) – President Donald Trump wants the government to send checks to Americans in the next two weeks in an effort to curb the economic cost of the coronavirus outbreak. That’s according to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.
He said Tuesday that “The president has instructed me we have to do this now.” He didn’t give details except to say the amount should be significant and millionaires would not get it.
The announcement came as the White House asked Congress to approve a massive economic rescue package for businesses and taxpayers.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Hwy. 701 shut down after crash with serious injuries in Conway
- Kyle Rittenhouse extradited to Wisconsin to face homicide charges, judge rules
- Oklahoma mother gives birth to 8-pound baby at home during ice storm
- Man wanted for two South Carolina murders arrested in Maryland
- Daylight saving: Here’s when you need to set your clocks back