NEW YORK (AP) – New York state recorded 731 new coronavirus deaths Tuesday, marking the biggest one-day jump in the outbreak. Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday the state’s death toll since the beginning of the outbreak is now 5,489.
More people have now died from the coronavirus in New York City than perished in the Sept. 11 attack on the World Trade Center. At least 3,202 people have been killed in the city by the virus, according to a new count released by city health officials Tuesday. The deadliest terror attack on U.S. soil killed 2,753 people in the city. A total of 2,977 were killed nationwide when hijacked planes slammed into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Man dies after reportedly being tased in incident with Timmonsville PD; SLED investigating
- Police: Minnesota officer meant to draw Taser, not handgun
- CCU baseball drops series at UTA, 5-1 on Monday afternoon
- Living Local Carolina: AIM Acupuncture And Integrative Medicine in North Myrtle Beach Helped This Patient Live Life Free Of Chronic Back Pain
- Mullins man sentenced to more than 6 years for possessing firearm as felon