NEW YORK (AP) – New York state recorded 731 new coronavirus deaths Tuesday, marking the biggest one-day jump in the outbreak. Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday the state’s death toll since the beginning of the outbreak is now 5,489.
More people have now died from the coronavirus in New York City than perished in the Sept. 11 attack on the World Trade Center. At least 3,202 people have been killed in the city by the virus, according to a new count released by city health officials Tuesday. The deadliest terror attack on U.S. soil killed 2,753 people in the city. A total of 2,977 were killed nationwide when hijacked planes slammed into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Horry County man accused of possessing ‘child sexual abuse material’, facing up to 100 years in prison
- Local Spotlight: Roman and Trick Riding at Painted Face Acres with Fairland Ferguson
- Myrtle Beach police release safety plan for Ocean Blvd
- North Carolina infant stabbed in head with screwdriver during fight between parents
- Chicago mayor says ‘F you’ to Trump over tweet encouraging shooting George Floyd protesters