LUMBERTON, NC (WBTW) – Southeastern Regional Medical Center got word Saturday that two patients- one current and one discharged- have tested positive for COVID-19.
A press release from the hospital says that it notified the Robeson County Health Department earlier Saturday so that it could make the proper announcement.
Southeastern Health and SRMC have been preparing to care for COVID-19 patients for weeks and has been fully equipped to take care of those who are suspected or confirmed to have the virus.
The health care provider has conducted clinical trials, drills and is closely monotiroing supplies like personal protective equitpment.
Isolation rooms are used for all patients with communicable health conditions to ensure the safety of both the patient and caregivers.
For more coronavirus coverage, click here.
- Horry County man accused of possessing ‘child sexual abuse material’, facing up to 100 years in prison
- Local Spotlight: Roman and Trick Riding at Painted Face Acres with Fairland Ferguson
- Myrtle Beach police release safety plan for Ocean Blvd
- North Carolina infant stabbed in head with screwdriver during fight between parents
- Chicago mayor says ‘F you’ to Trump over tweet encouraging shooting George Floyd protesters