SURFSIDE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Surfside Beach has declared a state of emergency Saturday in response to the novel coronavirus outbreak.
The declaration followed similar ones from Conway and Horry County.
Saturday’s proclamation was made ‘out of an abundance of caution to allow the Town to respond quickly as the situation evolves, to mobilize resources as necessary to better monitor the confirmed cases of the virus… and proactively implement measures to protect our resident.”
There have been no cases of COVID-19 reported in Horry County as of Saturday night.
The emergency declaration will stay in effect for 60 days unless terminated earlier.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Scientists remove 98 ‘murder hornets’ in Washington state
- With Barrett on Supreme Court, what’s the future of Roe v. Wade and abortion?
- 22 arrested in undercover Florida human trafficking bust
- Colorado firefighters to homeowners: ‘If this note finds you we must have done something right’
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta weakens to tropical storm, expected to be a hurricane again on Tuesday