SURFSIDE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — Surfside Beach announced Thursday they will be furloughing town employees due to COVID-19.
In a Facebook post, Surfside Beach Mayor Bob Hellyer said the furloughs will be effective Monday.
“The closing of businesses and travel associated with the crisis has affected our revenues and we are taking the necessary steps to cut recurring costs and spending,” Hellyer said.
The town will work to assist affected employees. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SC leaders react to George Floyd’s death, protests
- SpaceX, NASA moving ahead with historic launch, weather permitting
- Protests over George Floyd death overwhelm authorities again
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 30
- Power outage in North Myrtle Beach impacts over 2,500 customers