LONDON (AP) – British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who was diagnosed with the coronavirus more than a week ago, was admitted to a hospital for tests.
Johnson’s office said he was hospitalized Sunday because he still has symptoms 10 days after testing positive for the virus. Downing St. said it was a “precautionary step” and he remains in charge of the government.
Johnson, 55, has been quarantined in his Downing St. residence since being diagnosed with COVID-19 on March 26.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Horry Co. man charged after reports of alleged sexual assault of 15-year-old
- Obama on George Floyd death: ‘This shouldn’t be “normal”‘
- Deputies make multiple arrests in extensive SC child pornography investigation
- Trump says he’s terminating agreement with World Health Organization
- Suspect wanted in January convenience store robbery taken into custody