WASHINGTON (AP) – The White House is proposing a roughly $850 billion emergency stimulus to address the economic cost of the new coronavirus.
The request will be outlined to Senate Republicans Tuesday and will aim to provide relief for small businesses and the airline industry and include a massive tax cut for wage-earners.
Two people familiar with the request described it to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly.
The White House hopes the measure will pass this week, as the administration scrambled to contain the economic fallout of the severe disruptions to American life from the outbreak.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Mother of 7-year-old girl who drowned sues Myrtle Beach resort
- Friday night football match-up between Lamar High and Timmonsville High cancelled due to COVID-19
- Police: 2 wanted after robbing a Laurinburg home while heavily armed
- DHEC: 680 new cases of COVID-19 for SC, 7 additional deaths
- Police investigate after 2 people shot Thursday night in Scotland County