(CNN) – There’s no need to feel leery at the grocery store. The USDA and the FDA released a statement saying people can’t contract the coronavirus from food or food packaging.
Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue and FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn say food producers, processors and regulators are “taking every necessary precaution to prioritize food safety.”
The statement adds the US is the “global leader” in ensuring food products are secure for consumption.
- Duke Energy explains how North Carolina dams, watershed have contributed to Horry County flooding
- Body found by railroad tracks in Georgia turns out to be sex doll
- Tracking the Tropics, Week 7: beach renourishment & hurricane shelters amid COVID-19
- SCHSL to meet Wednesday to discuss the status of high school football, fall sports
- 2 wanted, one in custody in connection with ‘large fight’ on Ocean Blvd