SATURDAY 11 AM UPDATE: The Horry County Coroner’s Office has identified the person who died in Friday’s hit-and-run.
James Urban, 58, of the Little River area, died in the crash according to Deputy Coroner Michelle McSpadden.
He had recently moved to the area from Michigan.
Highway Patrol continues their investigation.
Count on News13 for updates on this developing story.
LITTLE RIVER, SC (WBTW) – One is dead after a Friday night hit-and-run crash on U.S. 17 near Baldwin Avenue in Little River.
It happened around 7:35 p.m., according to South Carolina Highway Patrol Cpl. Sonny Collins.
The pedestrian is believed to have been lying in the road at the time of the crash. The vehicle that hit the pedestrian did not stop.
South Carolina Highway Patrol is asking anyone with information to call them.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Mike Green recaps freshman season with South Carolina Men’s Basketball team
- Peyton Manning surprises UT communications class with online visit
- Corrections officer in SC tests positive for coronavirus
- Myrtle Beach makes changes to hotel restrictions; golf courses allowed local play
- ‘She didn’t deserve what he did to her’: Daughter reveals messages sent by her mom’s alleged killer