MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A United 737 flight had to be diverted to Myrtle Beach International Airport Saturday following ‘electrical issues,’ airport officials said.
The plane- which was heading to Newark from Orlando- landed in Myrtle Beach just before noon, Director of Air Service and Business Development Kirk Lovell told News13.
All 83 passengers were offloaded onto the tarmac before being taken into the terminal, Kirk said. No one was hurt in the incident.
Kirk said these kinds of diversions are usually a safety precaution. He added crews are looking into what caused the electrical problems, as passengers try to sort out their travel plans.
Count on News13 for updates.
- FBI investigating fire set in Boston ballot dropbox
- Mother plans to buy first house after winning $1M from scratch-off
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Family of South Carolina murder victim begs public to help solve 2016 case
- NASA to announce new discovery about the moon