UPDATE: The body found in the Bennettsville area has been identified by Marlboro County Coroner Tim Brown as 28-year-old Jovanni McClain of Bennettsville.
Brown confirms McClain had been missing since October 31st, 2019. Brown also tells News13 McClain’s death is being treated as a homicide.
Count on News13 for updates.
BENNETTSVILLE AREA, SC (WBTW) – Authorities are investigating after deputies say a body was found along Highway 38 in Marlboro County.
Lt. Trevor Murphy told News13 SLED and the Marlboro County Sheriff’s Office are now conducting an investigation.
Bounty Acres Road East will be closed from Highway 38 to Odom Road until further notice, Lt. Murphy said.
Additional information is expected to be released at a later point.
Count on News13 for updates as we get them.
- Tennessee nurses pray on medical center’s helipad
- What you need to know today about the virus outbreak
- CCU to provide credit for housing, parking, dining after coronavirus outbreak changes
- 1 detained after person sustains life-threatening injuries in overnight stabbing in Myrtle Beach, police say
- New York City coronavirus deaths top 1,000