GALIVANTS FERRY, SC (WBTW) – A boat and vehicle became nearly submerged at Galivants Ferry Landing Tuesday evening.
The incident happened around 5 p.m. at the Little Pee Dee River near the Galivants Ferry Convenience Store along Highway 501. No one was hurt.
The owner of the boat and vehicle told News13 Digital Reporter Matt Fortin that he had his Toyota SUV in neutral with rocks behind the wheels, as it sat on the boat ramp. That’s when he said it broke loose and went underwater.
Highway Patrol arrived on the scene around 7 p.m.
In the photo, you can see parts of the boat sticking out of the water.
Divers went into the water around 9 p.m. as crews made plans to pull out the boat and SUV. News13’s Matt Fortin was there as they prepared to get everything out:
- LIVE: Thousands expected to honor Ginsburg at Supreme Court
- Snake lands on Mississippi woman as she opens her front door
- Cindy McCain endorses Biden for president in rebuke of Trump
- Late-stage study of first single-shot COVID vaccine begins in US
- US government executes former soldier ‘obsessed’ with witchcraft