The Murrells Inlet community is mourning the loss of 86-year-old John Singleton Jr, who drowned on Christmas Eve when his truck went into the pond off Highway 17 near Jersey Mikes.
Singleton, commonly known as “Big John” — a tall, friendly man, who sang at the Blessing of the Inlet every year.
“Hearing stories from everyone in the community about what he did and how he was, it just put that extra touch of love in my heart, I knew my grand-daddy was great, but you just confirmed it!” said granddaughter, Andrea Kersey.
A wake service will be held on Sunday from 6-8 p.m. at Greater Gordon Chapel A.M.E Church. The address is: 4581 Old River Road, Murrells Inlet, South Carolina 29576.
Family members will hold a funeral service for Singleton on Monday at 12 p.m. at the same church.
You can send flowers or a sympathy card by clicking here.
- Best Buy cut 5,000 jobs even as sales soared during pandemic
- DHEC provides help to locate vaccine providers near you
- What happens when a plumber leaves the sprinkler on for the coldest two weeks of the winter? He calls it art
- Pandemic stress prompts spike in alcohol use; could you be a “gray area” drinker?
- Spacewalking astronauts prep station for new solar wings