MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — One person is receiving treatment for a non-lifethreatening injury consistent with a gunshot wound, according to the Myrtle Beach Police Department.
The incident happened in the area of Dunbar St. and Spivey Ave. just after 2 p.m. on Thursday.
An officer on scene told News13 that the victim was shot in the hand and that it is not clear if the shooting happened at the location that police responded to.
Cpl. Tom Vest told News13 that after investigation, it was determined that the shooting was accidental and self-inflicted.
- Florida woman accused of beating 97-year-old uncle with his cane
- Man reaches through open window, grabs 14-year-old child in North Carolina
- Hospitals dealing with nationwide shortage of nurses
- Health care workers go on strike, demand protection against virus
- Trump teases 2024 run at White House Christmas party