MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — One person is receiving treatment for a non-lifethreatening injury consistent with a gunshot wound, according to the Myrtle Beach Police Department.
The incident happened in the area of Dunbar St. and Spivey Ave. just after 2 p.m. on Thursday.
An officer on scene told News13 that the victim was shot in the hand and that it is not clear if the shooting happened at the location that police responded to.
Cpl. Tom Vest told News13 that after investigation, it was determined that the shooting was accidental and self-inflicted.
- Five Guys employees fired, suspended after refusing service to police officers
- Florida man hospitalized after iguana runs into bicycle causing crash
- Lawsuit seeks to block N.C. mail-in ballot witness mandate
- Protester: Man pulls gun on anniversary of flag’s removal
- Local bars forced to close early, lose profit under “last call” order