UPDATE 9:15 PM: The teen shot early Saturday morning is now dead, according to an updated press release from Robeson County Sheriff Wilkins.
The release says 19-year-old Marvin Strickland of Maxton was taken to McLeod Regional Medical Center in Florence. That’s where he died of his injuries.
Sheriff Wilkins says his office is now conducting a homicide investigation as they work to gather more information.
They ask anyone with info to contact authorities.
LUMBERTON, NC (WBTW) – Deputies are investigating after a shooting in Lumberton left one man hurt.
Deputies from the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office responded to 1031 Mt. Olive Road at around 12:30 Saturday morning to reports of a person shot, according to a press release from Sheriff Wilkins.
That’s where first responders found a 19-year-old from Maxton suffering a gunshot wound. He was taken to an area hospital, where he is in critical condition.
Sheriff Wilkins says the gunfire erupted after a fight between “two groups who were attending a party at the location.”
Deputies encourage anyone with information about this incident to come forward.
Investigators plan on pursuing criminal charges in this case.
You can contact the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office at (910) 671-3170.
- Walt Disney World bans former employee who was fired for drinking water from park’s decorative fountains
- Preschool enrollment drops in Horry County and across South Carolina
- Stimulus checks: More than 1M more just went out. Here’s who got one
- Police: 1 person shot at Myrtle Beach hotel
- Vehicle fire near Market Common closes portion of Highway 17 bypass